SEND Teaching Assistant
Temporary SEND Teaching Assistant Level 2 Grade 4 Term Time only
Required to start as soon as possible
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, term time only, Scale point 7 £22,369 pro rata (£17,867) until July 2024
The Governing Body would like to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and talented teaching assistant with SEND experience to join our team throughout school.
We would like you to be able to:
- Work with children on a one to one basis as part of our SEND Team, under the supervision of the class teacher implementing actions in Learning Support Plans and ensuring EHCP outcomes are achieved.
• Supervise and provide support to ensure the safety of pupils and enable them to access all areas of the curriculum.
• Attend to the personal needs of SEND children, including pastoral, social, health, physical hygiene and welfare.
• Establish good relationships with pupils, parents and staff.
• Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
• Encourage pupils to act independently where appropriate.
• Be a team player with the ability to further develop our strong Catholic ethos
- Have high standards and expectations in all areas of school life.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above and an appropriate teaching assistant qualification atleast Level 2.
In return we will offer:
• Well behaved and motivated pupils who are eager to learn;
• The support of a happy, hardworking, staff team;
• The opportunity to excel in your practice and to develop others;
• Excellent opportunities to enhance your career; this would be a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to gain experience before entering a career in teaching.
• Supportive and dedicated parents;
• The chance to make a positive difference.
Visits to the school are welcome, please make an appointment by phoning 0161 7407094. To apply for the post, please complete the CES application form and return to the school by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Thursday 5th October 2023. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: Midday on Thursday 5th October 2023
Interviews: Monday 9th October 2023
Application forms and additional information can be downloaded below.